Tuesday 9 October 2018

You're my Crazy Song

I was looking for some music to inspire as I wrote. I thought how the titles made a sort of story. So I wrote that  story. I'm using the terms as a metaphor.     No offense meant to anyone with mental illness.



When I was young I 
I could ride the crazy train all night 
I explored this mad mad world
But found out that people are strange 
And they're coming to take me away

As a young man 
I woke up one manic Monday
Thinking 'I want to be sedated '
Soon the manic depression 
Was runing my life
I felt insane in my membrane 
I took Maxwell's silver hammer
And painted it black

I sought this crazy little thing called love
Till I met a girl who gave me crazy love
I lay in her crazy  arms
Sure  some days she drives me crazy
But darling if you ever left me
I'd miss you like crazy
So shine on you crazy diamond
Someday I'll look over my  newspaper
Smile fondly and say
Still crazy after all these years

1 comment:

  1. delightful. i like the lines about Maxwell's silver hammer

    ReplyDelete