Tuesday 23 October 2018

Blood Drops


Look at me. I'm  a man who lives with cats. Not a crazy cat dude. I also live with two women. One is my wife. One is my sister. My wife said, 'I'd kinda like to get a cat.' My sister said, 'I'm a dog person.' So we got a cat. It played with our hearts like a ball of yarn. My practical wife feeds and cleans and loves. My sister spoils like the professional auntie she's made herself. My cousin said, 'I've got a cat needs a home.' Sometimes the fur flew. Then they learned to fight nice and share. Sometimes life is a cat that won't be caged. Sometimes it gets knocked down. Sometimes it's a tree. My niece said, 'I've got a kitten needs big hearts.' Ours had a cat shaped hole. This new thing is hard to tame and hard to refuse. One minute it steals out of your mouth. The other minute it melts in your arms. Then it chews the hands that feed it. We take the scratches along with the warmth and cuddles. Love is here to stay. This lone wolf has found his pack not even stones drive me away.




Kitten looks fluffy

Sharp teeth sharp claws I'm bigger

I will not bite back

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I totally understand, having two fluffballs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever works. cats always keep life interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am a Crazy Cat Lady by the way so this really resonated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This legitimately made me cry. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is woooondeful. It's true. I got adopted by a stray cat living downstairs, and now I am terrified that they are going to kill her on Friday, because our apartment management wants to 'remove' all the stray cats in the common area.

    ReplyDelete