Friday 5 October 2018

Madam I'm Adam

Madam I'm Adam

'Madam I'm Adam' said Adam Ant
I'm adamant madam that we make time
For things that would be most pleasant 
To reach the heights of the sublime 
Stopping just short of being deviant'

'Sir you are an ant and I am a seal
While your kind offer is gallant 
The biology is unfortunately unreal
Wait would our progeny be a sealant?
While I'm flattered sorry but no deal

You can understand why I'm reluctant
My faultless logic makes me sad
But the science of it is really relevant
Because your offer is the best I've had
It leaves my heart feeling vacant'

Adam sighed as deep as an ant can
'To show you that I'm not a peasant 
I'd like to propose to you this plan 
Let's go dancing share a pheasant
Sip champagne and a seafood flan'

After an evening so resplendant 
Sally Seal slapped flippers in delight
The force knocked Adam Ant dormant
She slapped her tail barked in  fright
And began to chant 'I recant I recant'

He stirred having only stunned himself
'I'll buy you a farm and make you tenant'
So he lives with his family on the shelf
To protect them Sally is militant
And they bring magic like her own elf

She found her own beau and confidante
Sally Seal and Sealy Dan live at the zoo
In an environment so resplendant
Adam Ant and Amanda Ant live there too
They all sit letting the sunset enchant













2 comments: