Thursday 4 October 2018

Insecurity Guard

This was hard. To face the roots of insecurity. I've only scratched the surface. Then to cram emotions into structure.

I'm the son of a preacherma
Represent and follow the plan
Do the right thing make the right choice
Now I still hear my mother's voice  be all you can 

Now my sister was wild bolder 
She was also three years older 
I was a kid she was sixteen
My folks made me tell what I'd seen my world colder

I have issues of rejection
When feeling loss of affection 
I find friendship so hard to fake
As a result I can not make the connection

We all face insecurity
Say you don't you're lying to me
It's something we must overcome
Sing out your fear and bang  the drum faith comes to be

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you're being real. In this lately pretty shaken up world, real can be very grounding.

    ReplyDelete