Wednesday 24 October 2018

Open Heaven

(Opening. Open. Tried a chance poem. Open the newspaper point to random words on random pages. Each word becomes the last word of each line.)

Not everyone is open to surprises
You can't control what happens
It's hard to leave your heart unguarded

Live outside my means not affordably
Sow money to the wind give God the rest
Suddenly my debt is as bloated as Trump

Wanna be free fling aside tradition
Find what I believed to be inadequate
What I thought was freedom was ritual

Mad dreams unlocked vivid memories
Forced to my knees I came to a decision
I'll not speak a word not empowering

Gape at the mean words I hear  frequently
I'll make that stand for tolerance
Variety makes humanities buffet spicy

Life freely give saved us from sin's auction
Transfusion clears the heart's hateful illness
Peaceful eternity in prayer is just a sample

No comments:

Post a Comment