Monday 15 October 2018

I am me?

[Act I  scene 1 a soliloquy for octpowrimo]
If I were me I'd have to see some I.D.
The stranger in the .mirror  with tired eyes
I am                   an actor                  on a stage
I am                shapeshifter          for the scene
I am                a chameleon       switch at will
I don't know what's real or an affectation
I've lost my self in my self with every role
I am            a christian but       I don't preach
I am            a husband but       I like to look
I am            a loved son but      disobedient
        I                      am                      me
             Who                               ever
                      That may be now
                           Who knows




I suppose it's time to be honest with myself
To recognize that I've played games before
I can begin to create who I want me to be
I will be           a harder worker       not wanting            to cheat time             I will be
A better         lover listen with          my heart I  will  be          a busker plan             and go
I am an actor a chameleon a  shapeshifter
I have the skills to be the one who chooses
My wife my family my friends and my God
     That is all                               that matters
    That is             all that             i need
     That is            all that             I want
      That is           all that              I give
       That is          all that               I have
          No one will be my director again
              No one will write that script
                        I am the author
                         I am the actor
                                 I am
                                  Me



This is a shape poem about me and being an actor. The shape is meant to represent the classic theater masks of comedy and tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment