Sunday 21 October 2018

Got a minute?

No inspiration? Pick the brains of family, friends, and coworkers.  Steal thier ideas. As a bible school professor said 'gather your milk from many sources and make your own cheese'. This minute poem is what came out.

I asked my sis how do you know
Her mind to blow 
Education 
Intuition

She said experience and sense
Sense I said dense
You know see feel
Touch and it's real

What about love can you tell me
It's a farce see
True love is fake 
Get what you make


********

What's love got to do with it
It's an old fashioned emotion
Emotion is confused for love
Love is a choice
Choice and rare like a good steak
Steak a claim it may be taken
Taken the wrong way
Way out of my league
League of heroes 
Heroes born from love lost
Lost and found
Found family closer than a brother
Brother I love you like bacon
Bacon and lettuce and tomato
Tomato soup and grilled cheese 
Cheese geeze I'm hungry
....this poem is done



No comments:

Post a Comment