Tuesday 2 October 2018

Surrendered Dreams

Sometimes surrender is just finally accepting the inevitable and making plans of how to manage it. Failure to do so may make things worse. It will then be too late to implement the plans. I believe in faith, hope, and the power of positive thinking to a point. Practical pragmatism may also need to come into play. Continued ignoring creates ignorance. Ignorance is only bliss for a moment.  When the bare burning truth is stamped on your heart it tastes like betrayal and shame.

Surrendered Dreams 

When I was young
I thought I'd be a stuntmen
Rolling with the punches
Safely crashing old cars 
Striding from exploding backdrops 
Hollywood never called 
I never went
Now a slip on the ice
Aches for days 

I thought I'd be a rockstar
Prancing center stage 
Trying to keep the girls away
Getting prime time radio play 
Nashville never called 
I never went 
Now I'm happy with a handful 
Of coins in my guitar case 

I thought I'd be an actor 
Name up on the marquee 
Smiling down red carpets 
Lightning up the stage 
Broadway never called 
I never went 
Now I'm happy with a few lines
In my local church play

I thought I'd be a comedian 
Have them rolling in the aisles 
Headlining a national tour 
Getting my own sit-com
Comedy store never called 
I never went 
Now I'm happy with a laugh from
Well planned well placed jokes

I thought I'd find a girl
Who would be my whole world 
Who would be worth the wait
I did not hesitate 
When you called 
And I went
Now I'm happy I'm satisfied 
No surrender no compromise 


1 comment: