Tuesday 7 October 2014

Set on the Quiet

Quiet

Silence

Stillness

Tranquillity

Practically impossible 

Everything animated and automated

Multitasking life style

 Chorus of voices

Calling me

Pulling

QUIET

I'll try it

Voices off

Electronics off

Sitting on the couch

I hear children playing outside

In the bedroom lying still

Clock ticks ring

Other room

Alone

Quiet

Breath rasps

A plane goes by

Stretched toes crack

Fingers in my ears make ocean waves

Pressure echoes back my pulse

Life is sound

Motion

Quiet?

Maybe not

Even in the grave

The adventure beyond that

In the seeking and appreciation

Of quiet of less noise

I've found stillness

In my spirit

Peace

God


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I always find it hard to silence the Monkey Mind during my meditation attempts.
    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/10/octpowrimo-2014-day-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write and love the physical characteristic of the form itself. Good one.

    ReplyDelete