Friday 31 October 2014

Inside a Pretty Woman

(I just had to do one more pointed poem. It's a little tongue in cheek.There's been this video of ten hours in New York from a women's perspective. It is a mind boggling gauntlet of slimy catcalls, come ons, whistles, and demands for attention. Some have said it's fake or edited with bias. Misogynistic vitriolic trolls have raised their ugly cry. I'm a guy and not beyond a glance, but I don't understand that mindset. This classic lyric is interspersed with what they may be thinking. Instead of what is going inside a pretty woman)

Pretty woman walking down the street
I'm the wolf you're just a piece of meat

Pretty woman walking down the block
Just the kind I prefer to stalk

Pretty woman

I don't believe you, you're not the truth
Must be propaganda by some crazy feminist

No one could look as good a you
I sure don't yet I some how think I got a chance

Mercy oooowwwww
Damn! yummy ow baby arwooo hubba hubba

Pretty woman stop a while
Or I'll walk beside you like a sleazy ghost

Pretty woman give your smile to me
If you don't you're a stuck up bitch
If you do you're a slut kitten asking for it
Either way I'm forcing my attention on you

What do I see? Is she walking back to me?
This never worked before. I don't know what to say.

Yeah she's walking back to me
Arghhh! not pepper spray again
oh the burning you'd think I'd have
built up an immunity to it by now
Ooooh there's another pretty woman
wait*squint* oh it's just a mailbox
Guess I won't be checking out any more chicks
Well, not tonight




3 comments: