Wednesday 15 October 2014

Halfway Mark

(Are we only half way? Some days have been difficult. Well, my procrastination made it that way. Many nights on the way to bed, I desperately tried to scratch something down. Then inspiration comes flooding in. An hour or so later, stiff and bleary eyed yet satisfied with what I'd produced, I stumble down the hall to our room. This is a Diatelle ode to my patient and understanding sweetheart. I hope the title doesn't become my new nickname.)

Halfway Mark

Half

Slowly

Not wholly

Kind of half-assed

Walk through guacamole

Poem ideas I'd not amassed

And because my wife knew I felt harassed

She would attempt to stay awake on my behalf

I glance over there she was asleep fast

My sleeping beauty could not last

Angel face looks holy

Her snores contrast

My lowly

Lonely

Laugh




4 comments:

  1. I love it Mark! I understand that tension of coming to the page to write a poem and it's sweet that she supports you by trying to stay up. Thank you for sharing with OctPoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... that's sweet of her. I love the image you gave. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But then you get to sleep and you feel much better after having written. Or at least that's how it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I try. Unfortunately, the flesh is weak. I do love traveling this poetic journey with you, Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete