Tuesday 17 October 2017

The sense of fear

See dark shapes in fog
Hell hound or lost dog
Fear gives life to that unclear
Grin masks in plain sight
Lithe hunter of night
Some need fear the hungry Leer

Smell a hint of smoke
That's why you awoke
Cautious cats sniff all that's near
Acrid metal scent
Let the shop prevent
Dangerous brakes or loose gear

Taste a bright berry
Bitter? Be wary
You're a carcass midst the deer
Not a germaphobe?
Beware the microbe
Dread toxin in week old smear

Feel soft touch by night
You will start in fright
Spider's your hair on your ear
Fear's brush on my brain
Could drive me insane
Pray and it will disappear

3 comments:

  1. very apt descriptions! And you're right about the prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the eerie tone of the poem.
    There are a few fears that I've had to learn to ignore, or I'd never be able to go out.

    ReplyDelete