Thursday 5 October 2017

Moonflower

Carved in stone are the words 'I love my moon flower 

Like the plant on the vine My love could not stay long 

He touched my soul and left In my heart his love song 

###

They lie upon the base of an ancient tower 

It is attended by a woman just as old 

In clean but well used rags bound up against he cold

###

The black and thorny vines give off a scent quite sour 

Like her the rotting leaves seem to be past their prime 

Youth's sap must give in to The plodding March of time

###

They bloom when the clock hand strikes the midnight hour 

No morning glory here No harsh and cruel sun 

Cool quiet stars show Life's day it's course has run 

###

One moon beam descended in a blinding shower 

Shattering sullen clouds lighting up the dark sea 

The star seemed to hold a figure-- this couldn't be

###

The being rose bathed in celestial power

With stately strides toward her the tall angel came

A voice she seemed to know softly breathed out her name

###

When he spoke she could do naught but freeze and cower

The hallucinations from the plant when distilled 

Must explain the vision with which her eyes were filled

###

Fear not my precious one I've not come to devour

I am your lover lost you thought left you alone

I've watched and waited 'til the time to take you home 

###

Body left soul as birds slip the snare of the fowler

In the beyond behind the veil we can not see

They will dance together for all eternity

###

(This is a variation on a Constanza: a/b/b, a/c/c, a/d/d, ect. 
The first lines which all rhyme could be read as a poem.
The difference is 12 syllables per Line not 8
Here is a Joseph star poem)

Learn

Every day

Old dogs can surprise

I was an eager young pup

Curious but no focus

Open up your eyes

Let your mind

Grow


1 comment:

  1. I love the form of the first one and the story that it tells.

    ReplyDelete