Wednesday 23 October 2019

Pieces of Me

Pieces of Me
(A loop poem)

I
I'm not sure if I was ever whole
Whole but bent insufficient 
Insufficient but able to face the flaws 
Flaws I could work around be efficient 
II
Weight of responsibility is a mantle heavy
Heavy hangs the mirror of perfection
Perfection builds a prison of glass
Glass is a hard cold thin protection 
III
Thought I'd found love she threw a hammer
Hammer of words my heart shattered
Shattered fragility makes scalpel pieces
Pieces sliced pieces scattered 
IV
I lost my job my way my place
Place the good pieces in my tender chest
Chest of drawers hold what pieces I'd face
Face embrace of one who knows me best
V
Iron sharpens but love smooths the edges
Edges prayerfully rearranged knit together 
Together her, I and the lord form a mosaic
Mosaic joined  with honesty stands weather
VI
I'm not fixed but like the picture emerging
Emerging is a picture I could not have seen
Seen through the glaze in the cracks is light
Light forms patterns with a celestial sheen 

No comments:

Post a Comment