Wednesday 2 October 2019

Darkly Synonymous

Darkly Synonymous 


I don't recall a dark night of the soul.
But yesterday

I had a foggy dawn of the mind
Bleary eyes from nightclub lights
Fuzzy head from one to many drinks
Twilight sighs as I crawl into bed

I had a dismal morning of the will
Cloudy silence over breakfast
Grimy air inching through rush hour
Drab office losing track of time

I had a stormy afternoon of emotions
Cimmerian anger unexpressed at people
Nebulous fear that I'll be obsolete
Stygian despair that this is all I'm good for

I had an inky dusk of the body
Murky ride towards opaque sunset
Shadowy recesses of the garage
Flickering light from man cave tv

I had an overcast evening of the spirit
Dishwater chores and rolling eyes
Storm cloud brows and thunderous snorts
Misty eyes lightning words strike home

I had a somber night of the back
Dismal pain squirming on the sofa
Gloomy early hours shine the soul searchlight
Dusty bats fleeing the sword of honesty

This dark knight moved
Took one step back
Turned a corner
Took two strides forward
Captured his queen
In his embrace
"I'm sorry I was wrong
I am lost without you
You're my light
my path
My redemption"

1 comment: