Thursday 24 October 2019

Fella in Yella

Fella in Yella
(A parking attendant's parody of 
Johnny Cash's song "The Man in Black")

Well you wonder why I always dress in yella
Why you always see bright colors on this fella
And why does my appearance seem to have a cheerful tone
Well there's a reason for the things that I have on

I wear the yellow for the poor and beaten down
Who came to the busy crowded side of town
I wear it for the parker who's gonna pay for his crime 
Got ticketed cause he's a victim of bus lane times
  

I wear the yellow for those who never read
Or listened to the words of signs that are in red
They say, 'the roads and sidewalks belong to me'
They're wrong they belong to the agents of the city


People think they're doing might fine I do suppose
In thier streak of lightning cars and fancy clothes
Just so we're reminded of what the by law will allow
Downtown there ought to be a fellow in yellow 

I wear canary for the sick and lonely old
Who lost their disabled spot to a thief so cold
I wear a shiny vest the color of the morning sun
To ticket those whose meter time has run


I wear it for the hundreds who have cried
Believing backward logic was on their side
I wear it for another hundred who have whined
Gambling on time and luck in thier pride
  


Well folks'll never park properly I know
And vehicles need ticketing everywhere I go
So till y'all make a move to start to park right
You'll even see us drive at night


I'd love to wear a rainbow every day 
And tell the world their parking is ok
So I'll try to carry off this color that is mella
Until people park brighter...
I'm the fella in yella

1 comment: