Tuesday 13 October 2020

Harvest Falls

 Harvest Falls


Silly Billy really chilly whistles shrilly 

The Halloween scene so obscene makes him scream

A harvest of autumn leaves fall serenely i am a child again

A strong wind strips the quivering tree clean


For insulation the nation libation is a pumpkin spice coffee lactation

Rosemary sausage celery stuffing cinnamon nutmeg pumpkin pie

I serenely fall in leaves autumn harvest child again

Family feast riot and to my diet again I say goodbye 


Crazy lazy hazy afternoons ridgid frigid nights

Mountains of fire hued leaves crunch underfoot

Harvest of autumn leaves fall serenely I am again a child

Burnt leaves trick or treat fireworks corn roasts smell of soot


Whirling twirling swirling the start of snowflakes' assault

Sun clearer warm days dearer winter nearer

As harvest Falls autumn serenely leaves me a child

Then who is this old man in the mirror?



No comments:

Post a Comment