Monday 21 October 2013

Objects of Desire

(The Prompt: write a love letter from one inanimate object to another. Challenge: use a rictameter [2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2 syllables].I couldn't get started. My sister just started naming things in the room. I scribbled them down and came up with 3. Also the word Titian is not as crude as it first seems. Said[Tee-shun] it means both the Painter and the red-gold(orange/ginger) color of hair he often gave his rather curvy models.) 

Objects of Desire

"Dear Rug,
Wrapped up in you,
I'm as snug as a bug.
It's been a magic carpet ride."
"You are my clock, and I am just a rug.
I've enjoyed our time together.
I love your hands, your face.
To me they're so
dear, rug."
****
"Red Brick
You are my mortar.
I thought I'd lost my glow.
My heart was an opaque window.
'I threw a brick through a window', I shout.
When you sent that 'I LOVE LAMP' card,
I knew we could build Love"
"You make me go
red, Brick"

The Tale of Jill-o-Lantern

"Footstool.
Be mine, footstool."
The pumpkin sadly thought
Looking up at the strong slim legs.
The stool once again glanced down at the view.
"I long to hold your Titian curves."
Then they set her on him.
"Now I am your
footstool"

1 comment:

  1. aha! snug in the rug - perfect timing, winters are here.. time to get the rugs out :)

    ReplyDelete