Monday 26 October 2015

Video Vanguard

Let's take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember your most beloved childhood toy? Was it a well-loved teddy bear missing a button eye? Did you have a Transformer that was the best thing ever? Or were you like me and instead of a favorite toy, you had a favorite blankie. Whatever happened to it? Do you remember a story about the toy? Do your remember why it gave you so much joy? Tell us about your childhood favorite it today's poem.
**************************************************************

When I was very young I needed no toys
My imagination was my playground
Get outside go play it's healthy
A good stick was all I needed
It was a sword, a bow, a rifle, and a walking stick

Then one September I got a breakout gift
I was the first kid in town to own an Atari console
The other kids went berzerk and came to play
I was the center of a tempest with no defender
They would joust for pole position on the couch

Then Santa and reindeer came like space invaders
As a field of asteroids falling everyone got one
No longer on like donkey kong the gauntlet gone
The adventure was over no combat for my favor
I had discovered a pitfall of fame deferred

I was never ahead of the console game again
But that did start my life long love of video games
I met my Ms. Pacman running in a maze
She smiled at me and my heart went pong
Together we spend our nights playing games
*******************************
FYI any words in italics are the titles of Atari games  






No comments:

Post a Comment