Saturday 3 October 2015

Time Flies--So Swat 'em.



People make plans and set time tables, schedules and charts

Like a puppet I am forced to dance to the pendulum

If I misstep and stumble I have pay the piper

Come early stay late to show you care

Incentives and veiled threats

That's the carrot dangled

To make an ass of me

I go for miles

But never

Seem to

Get

Ahead

Or anywhere

Procrastination

If I don't do anything

Put my head under the covers

Time doggedly continues to  march on

I can't stop it, I can't fight it I may as well join

I'll watch the clock I'll set a timer I'll leave home early

I even wrote this poem before midnight this time I guess I win



2 comments:

  1. A poem that came in "Just under the mark" :)
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem. I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete