Thursday 18 October 2012

Tender talking rhyme

Hickory dickory dock,
 I wish I could stop the clock.
The clock struck one
When I was young
Hickory dickory dock

The clock struck two
The world was new

The clock struck three
I felt so free

The clock struck four
I wanted more

the clock struck five
I was alive

The clock struck six
I chased some chicks

The clock struck seven
I thought working was heaven

The clock stuck eight
I found a mate

The clock struck nine
I made her mine

The clock struck ten
We said I do and amen

The clock struck eleven
I felt as light as leaven

The clock struck noon
I'm over the moon
I feel like June
I'm whistling a tune
She makes me swoon
Our love is as deep as a bassoon
She makes me act like a buffoon
We want children, a whole platoon
This poem will be done soon
Very little rhymes with twelve
And military time is confusing
Hickory dickory dock.






1 comment: