Friday 23 October 2015

Three Chords to the Truth




There is something I've realized through the years
Automatic autos give me a yawn emission
You may think I'm giving you the gears
But I prefer to drive a standard transmission

As stories go this one's a real zinger
You may think I'm being false but haughty
But in my career as an amateur singer
My voice has been compared to Pavarotti

I have loved women and they liked me I'm sure
Now you may not believe the truth of this version
I made the choice to fight hard to keep my self pure
I was the inspiration for the 40 year old virgin

40 years minus 3 days makes 39 not 40 the truth
 I never learned to shift and clutch in my youth
If you hadn't guessed it you don't have to be blue
The truth is actually rather sad but it is true
"Young man you ain't no Pavarotti"
She double negatively compared me 

  

2 comments:

  1. Pavarotti is great, but you're pretty darn cool too. I think you'd look good in a bow tie.
    Referencing the comment you so kindly left on my Dr. Who poem at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com :-)

    ReplyDelete